Preconception Planning & Post Natal
If you are thinking about having a baby either now or in the future, I promise you it is never too early or too late for a safe pregnancy, and a healthy baby. Foetal exposure to stress, toxins (environmental, product exposure, pesticides etc), malnutrition and obesity have all been shown to play a role in the development of chronic disease.
Both men and women have an important role to play in conception, and in the health of their baby. Fertility issues may come from the woman or they may come from the man, as 50% of genetic makeup comes from the woman and 50% the man. It is important to ensure both parents are on-board when consciously trying to conceive, and by doing so you are giving your baby the best possible start in life.
During preconception care we may look at following:
- Adopting healthy eating practices, and ensuring optimal nutrition
- Addressing any nutrient deficiencies
- A preconception detoxification
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Managing any stress
- Managing any underlying issues that may be affecting your fertility
Post-partum recovery (nutrition, nurturing & nourishment), post natal support, breastfeeding support and nutrition all play a fundamental role in the health of you & your family. What you eat, breath, put on your skin, feel and the support you receive are all pivotal to the health and wellbeing of your family. Just like on an aeroplane – put your oxygen mask on yourself first, in order to help and take of others.
Helen can help mothers address:
- Post-partum recovery
- Post Natal Nutrition, Replenishment and Nourishment
- Breastfeeding support (what to eat, over supply, undersupply)
- Post partum Depression & Anxiety
Before your first consultation please fill out the clinic record form.